I'm sure that you are aware of the continuing and increased numbers of positive covid tests within our immediate area and across the County.
Whilst there are a number of local schools now currently being affected, we are monitoring the situation carefully and continue to follow all guidelines, ensuring we have strict hygiene measures and social distancing practice in place across school.
Should any additional measures need to be put in place at HCA, you will be the first to know.
The school has home learning provision set up should individual or groups of children need to access them in the future.
This is just to inform you that the YST will launch a free “After School Sport Club” this week following the ban on children’s sport outside school in the second lockdown. Similar to Joe Wicks “PE With Joe” during the first lockdown, the 30min club will take place 5.00pm each weekday and led by a member of the YST athlete mentor network, starting on Thursday with Jenna Downing, the world no.1 inline skater and 10 time British champion.
Aimed mainly at primary aged children working with the sport sector and national network of partners to develop the sessions to keep our young people active.
The After School Club will run for 5 weeks until December 18 and children can take part live by visiting the YST YouTube channel,
In response to the increasing number of Covid-19 cases in the area, from Monday 2nd November 2020, we will be introducing some additional measures to minimise the risk of transmission:
- All adults dropping off/collecting are now asked to wear a face covering when on school grounds (unless exempt for medical reasons - please do not be offended if staff remind/ask you about face coverings).
- Staff will also wear face coverings when welcoming the children and at home time, where they could possibly come into contact with parents.
- Only one adult to bring/collect children to reduce number of people on the school site.
CONTINUING MEASURES -
- Please observe social distancing.
- Strict one way system in place (enter through the car park gate and exit through the path gate) - please do not congregate/loiter around the car park gate when dropping your child off.
- Morning drop off times - 8.30am - 8.45am. Collection times - 2.50pm-3.00pm. (We will continue to review this). Please observe social distancing when queuing.
- Children to bring in only packed lunched boxes (must be cleaned & sanitised daily). KS2 can bring in fruit/healthy snack (EYFS/KS1 provided with fruit). No bags/other items from home should be brought in.
- Please also remember that Government guidance states that we must keep the rooms well ventilated by continuing to have the windows open even as the weather turns colder. The heating is on but additional layers may be needed in the coming weeks.
- Unfortunately, we will be continuing with no after school clubs (we will continue to review this under DfE guidance).
If/when we receive any further guidance from DfE we will update you accordingly.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support in these difficult times. Stay safe.
Welcome to the start of the Summer term at HCA
I hope you are all well, all our staff are missing all the children in class and we hope to see you very soon. Mrs Bell will be telephoning home over the next few weeks to see how you are getting on and to support you and your child(ren) to get the best from home learning.
We would like to ensure all our children continue to make progress and keep up to date with their learning so will contionue to set weekly learning tasks. We are also aware of the challenges for home learning, so remember to take each day as it comes. A calm and happy household comes first. We are here to help and you can contact the staff on ClassDojo should you need too.
We will continue to set a balance of online and paper based learning activities and these will be communicated on your ClassDojo year group page. Work will be set on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday but this can be spaced out thoughout the week if you wish.
We are loving seeing lots of the work and brilliant photos you are sending in. Keep up the good work.
Requirement of a hub placement for your child
Our local hub is Silloth Primary School. If you require a place you must inform Mrs Nicholson via ClassDojo and also the hub prior to your attendance, you must not just turn up on the day. The hub can only be accessed by children of keyworker parents who have no alternative childcare options, proof of keyworker status will be required. Children need to provide a packed lunch and the hub is open the hours of 8.30-3pm. Children must take their own online learning with them to complete.
Silloth Primary School: 016973 31412
Childcare for Keyworkers
Need Some Medical Advice During Lockdown?
Try the E-School Nurse Video Clinic
Parent return to school survey
Government guidance for parents relating to the re-opening of schools