"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."
Here at Holm Cultram Abbey school, we believe that a high-quality P.E. curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and shine in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. We believe the P.E curriculum should provide opportunities for all pupils to become physically confident to support their health and fitness. We feel that opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed our school values such as respect, trust and perseverance.
In our teaching of P.E we aim to promote:
• An enjoyment of physical activity and a healthy lifestyle;
• Positive attitudes to health, hygiene and fitness;
• Knowledge of safety factors and an appreciation of the principles of safe practice;
• The ability to plan a range of movement sequences, organise equipment and apparatus,
and design and apply rules;
• The development of communication skills and an ability to work in close co-operation with
• The ability to set targets for themselves and compete against others, individually and as
• The ability to take the initiative to lead activity and focus on improving observational skills
and aspects of their own performance;
• The use of appropriate terminology.